Posts for tag: Untagged
Our First #WeightLossWednesday Post!!!
Family- Style Roased Veggie Pasta
Ready In: 40 minutes
Weight Loss Wednesdays! We want to share with you some recipes and other tips and tricks to help you lose weight. Here is a recipe that we found in Thug Kitchen Party Grub: For Social Motherf*ckers Book you can find it here on amazon. Its simple to make, delicious and a healthy addition to any meal! Click here to learn more information about our Medical Weight Loss Program! Call and schedule your consultation at (602) 761-2036
1 pound pasta
1/2 large red onion, sliced
2 medium carrots, cut into thin matchsticks
1 pint tiny tomatoes, halved
1 medium zucchini, cut into thin matchsticks
1 pound eggplant, skin on, cut into cubes
1/4 teaspoon salt
2 1/2 tablespoons chopped fresh thyme leaves
3 cloves garlic, minced
2 tablespoons lemon juice
3 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
1/2 teaspoon red pepper flakes (optional)
Salt and black pepper
1. Cook the pasta according to the package directions. Drain and pour back into the pot.
2. Preheat oven to 425°F. Grab two large Silicone or other non-stick baking sheets.
3. In a large bowl, throw in red onion, carrots, tomatoes, zucchini, eggplant, and salt. Mix everything together. Spread out on the baking sheets and then slip them into the oven.
4. Roast for 20 minutes, then take them out, add the thyme, garlic, and lemon juice, stir, and throw them back in the oven until some of the veggies start looking a little browned around the edges, 10 to 15 minutes longer.
5. Add the roasted veggies to the cooked pasta, pour in the balsamic, pepper flakes, a pinch of salt and black pepper, and stir. Taste and add more garlic, vinegar, lemon juice, and/or thyme. If you want to up the greens level, serve the hot pasta on a bed of arugula or spinach with a squeeze of lemon juice on them. Done and done.
Walk-ins For Weight Loss Wednesday 3PM-5PM