Kybella in Phoenix, Arizona at Luminosa Medical Spa
Kybella in Phoenix, Arizona is the only FDA-approved injectable treatment that destroys fat cells under the chin to improve your profile.
KYBELLA® may be right for you if:
- You’re bothered (unhappy, self-conscious, embarrassed) by fat under the chin, also known as submental fullness
- You feel the condition makes you look older or heavier than you actually are
- You don’t want to have surgery
- You eat well and exercise, but submental fullness does not go away
The active ingredient in KYBELLA® is synthetic deoxycholic acid. Deoxycholic acid is a naturally occurring molecule in the body that aids in the breakdown and absorption of dietary fat. When injected into the fat beneath the chin, KYBELLA®destroys fat cells, resulting in a noticeable reduction in fullness under the chin. Once destroyed, these cells can no longer store or accumulate fat, so further treatment is not expected once you reach your desired aesthetic goal.
WHAT TO EXPECT WITH KYBELLA
Before starting treatment, your healthcare specialist will examine the area under and around your chin to determine if KYBELLA® is right for you. Then, your specialist will tailor your treatment to the amount of fat under the chin and your aesthetic goals.
How is KYBELLA® administered?
Treatment can only be administered by a KYBELLA®-trained healthcare specialist. At each treatment, you will receive multiple small injections under your chin, and the injection process takes about 15 to 20 minutes. The exact number of injections will depend on the amount of fat you have under your chin and your desired profile.
How many KYBELLA® treatment sessions will I need?
Since everyone’s chin profile is different, the number of treatments varies from patient to patient. Your healthcare specialist will help determine how many treatment sessions you need based on the amount and distribution of your submental fat and your personal treatment goals. Each KYBELLA® treatment session is given at least 1 month apart, and you should not receive more than 6 treatments. In clinical studies, 59% of patients received 6 treatments.
Will I need time to recover?
After KYBELLA® treatment, you will likely have some swelling, bruising, or numbness under your chin. Be sure to inform your healthcare professional if you develop an uneven smile, facial muscle weakness, or difficulty swallowing.
Possible side effects of KYBELLA®?
KYBELLA® can cause serious side effects, including nerve injury in the jaw that can temporarily cause an uneven smile or facial muscle weakness (experienced by 4 out of 100 people in clinical studies) and trouble swallowing (experienced by 2 out of 100 people in clinical studies). In clinical studies, nerve injury in the jaw resolved on its own in a median of 44 days (range of 1 to 298 days), and trouble swallowing resolved on its own in a median of 3 days (range of 1 to 81 days).
The most common side effects occur in the treatment area and include:
- Areas of hardness
Side effects are usually temporary and often resolve on their own.
Should I tell my doctor before treatment?
Before receiving KYBELLA®, tell your healthcare provider about all of your medical conditions, including if you:
- Have had or plan to have surgery on your face, neck, or chin
- Cosmetic treatments on your face, neck, or chin
- Medical conditions in or near the neck area
- Trouble swallowing
- Bleeding problems
- Are pregnant or plan to become pregnant (it is not known if KYBELLA®will harm your unborn baby)
- Are breastfeeding or plan to breastfeed (it is not known if KYBELLA® passes into your breast milk; talk to your healthcare provider about the best way to feed your baby if you receive KYBELLA®)
- Are taking any medications, especially blood thinners